No announcement yet.

Building a remote support solution

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a remote support solution

Hi all,

In a nutshell I want to create something like Teamviewer so that I can access customer PC/Servers etc, preferably for free. When I say free, that's not because I'm tight or anything but I want to have a go at trying to create some sort of remote support software that I can put my own company logo on.

Now comes the sticking point! Programming is not one of my stronger points, so starting from scratch is going to be a no-go.

Ideal scenario would be a tutorial showing me how to do it all from start to finish with some open source software. I dont expect I'll be that lucky but with the wealth of experience on here I'm sure you guys will be able to help.

The only thing I must be able to do is unattended access and it must be easy to install client side by customers.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Building a remote support solution

LogMeIn can be free, or just turn on RDP and open port 3389 on the clients firewall, then use RDP internally from one server to PCs
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Building a remote support solution

rdp to the internal computer though, kicks off the person using it and locks their screen. so you cna't then ask them to show you the issue.;.
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point