No announcement yet.

Publish webserver in DMZ

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publish webserver in DMZ

I have a server running Windows Server 2003 Standard and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0. I use this server as a filesharing platform, that my colleagues use to share files with external projectmembers. I bought a NetGear firewall that has a DMZ port. Now I want to run my WSS server in DMZ for safety reasons.

I have one domain controller in the LAN that handles DNS and DHCP. My LAN has IP range - I setup the DMZ port to use network The WSS server is configured with IP address and connected to the DMZ port.

I created a reversed lookup zone on the DNS server for network 10.0.0.x. Created an A-record + pointer record for the DMZ server.

1. Is the configuration I described a good configuration to run a webserver in a DMZ?
    2. I want to configure the network so that LAN users can access the website through HTTP port 80 and WAN users can access the website through port 443. In the firewall I can create,

- DMZ Wan rules / inbound and outbound
      - LAN DMZ rules / inbound and outbound

What rules do I have to create and what ports and services do I have to give access to accomplish this?