Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to filter Internet on wireless

Hello,
    In my building there are 2 wireless access points connected directly via switch into the router.
    So the problem is i dont want to set a password for the wireless but i want to be able to filter all computers that are connected wireless to my internet because many of them are mass-downloading torrents movies etc. and it slows the internet massively. What do i need to do to make it like a filter , which would be like a ISA server or something can anyone assist me on this?

Re: How to filter Internet on wireless

what exactly are you trying to do? block everyone from using the wireless? restrict wireless access to a number of users/computers? or restrict access to certain sites ?

Comment

Originally posted by yllnelaj View Post
      Hello,
      In my building there are 2 wireless access points connected directly via switch into the router.
      So the problem is i dont want to set a password for the wireless but i want to be able to filter all computers that are connected wireless to my internet because many of them are mass-downloading torrents movies etc. and it slows the internet massively. What do i need to do to make it like a filter , which would be like a ISA server or something can anyone assist me on this?
      http://www.squid-cache.org/

Squid is a popular open source proxy that can control internet traffic. Some routers provide a rudimentary capability for traffic control. But as you've already pointed out a 3rd party product such as ISA can also do the same.

Comment

Hazey: restrict access to certain sites

Comment

Alright. so what i need to do is install this open source software into a isa server?

Comment

?????

I'm now lost.

Do you actually have an ISA server installed???

Comment

Working...
            X