Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create different SSID for guests and employess with HP MSM710&310

Hi all,

I have to setup HP MSM 710 wireless access controller with 5 x HP MSM 310 Wireless AP, want to create 2 SSID for employees and guests
    Employess wireless network must get the same IP as wired network and guest must be in different network
    There's a server 2003 dhcp server and one fortigate firewall
    Can detect all APs from Controller
    How to create the different SSID?

anyone can help me ? HP didn't answer as this is not hardware issue and asked me to search for experienced engineer as this is my first time configuring this controller

Rgds,

Re: How to create different SSID for guests and employess with HP MSM710&310

Did you ever get this configured?

I am in the same boat although I've managed to configure the employee side, the Guest access is proving more elusive.

Thanks

Comment

HP should have some documentation out there for this device. Also I would be getting with my HP rep if someone from support told me to "search" for an engineer. Thats bad customer service.
      CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
      CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

There are multiple ways to configure. You need 2 VSC's One for guests and one for employees. You can use the controller for handling the guest traffic, or use vlan's
        If you know what you are doing it is not really difficult. An experienced HP network expert can set it up really easy. Please follow the advice auglan gave you.
        gerth

MCITP sa, ea & va, [email protected]

Comment

I've worked with a similar setup (MSM710 with 410 AP's) and there's probably about 5 or 6 different ways to set this up.

They way that worked best for my client was to us VLAN's. Here's how I did it:
          - setup the network profiles on the controller for the VLAN's that will be used
          - setup the VSC's for the employees and guests
          - bind the VSC's to the AP group and select the egress network profile to use

Note that you'll also need to have setup your switches with the proper trunk port settings and also your router/firewall to separate and route the traffic as appropriate.

But that's just one way of many to do it.
          Regards,
          Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
          Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
          www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
          X