No announcement yet.

Block Wifi Access

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Block Wifi Access

I am using Cisco Aironet 1140 AP's, i have a simple but interesting problem. I have multiple SSID's set for the AP. One is the office SSID with security and the second one is Guest SSID which has no security. Office SSID is routed through a firewall and the guest SSID is routed directly to internet having no restrictions.

My problem is, office users are connecting to the open SSID and using anything without any restriction consuming my bandwidth. How can i stop them connecting to the open SSID while the outside of office users or guests can connect easily?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Block Wifi Access

use mac address filtering, to deny the MAC addresses specific to your corporate laptops
    or configure the laptops so they cannot connect to that wifi profle..
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

They can connect their portable device like phones, gadgets and personal laptops. However i can use the MAC address filtering to some extend. I am using DHCP "deny" policy in order to block their personal things.

Can you pls explain a lil bit how i can configure the laptops so that they can have access to corporate SSID only.

Group Policy
        (assuming the laptops are domain members)
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Yeah, most of the Users are domain users, I will give a try for the GPO. Thanks.