Monitoring of VPN users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitoring of VPN users

I have a LAN with Internet, some of my users Connects to Clients VPN from my office,

when they are connected to the VPN, their primary DNS changes to the Clients DNS,

I need to monitor the users activity while they are connected to the VPN.

How can i do so. please suggest.

Re: Monitoring of VPN users

uh.. what do you need to monitor, precisely ?

I suspect you're going to find this very difficult.. precisely because of the nature of what a vpn does
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

You could use commercial spyware to monitor the users. Check out Spector 360 if you want every detail monitored.
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

I want to monitor what url's users are accessing & how much time those url's was accessed by users, while they are on VPN Connectivity.

what contenct was downloaded & from where it was downloaded.

General monitoring stuff. but while they are on VPN.

Comment

Get a proxy server and use GPOs to force VPN users to use the corporate gateway.

(Then they will disconnect the VPN, watch their p**n and reconnect afterwards )
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I think OP wants to monitor what traffic goes across the encrypted VPN link to the client site..
            Spector360 is probably the only real option, installed on the client computer.

Otherwise, you're trying to watch traffic going over a link that is, by it's very nature, encrypted.. that's precisely why alot of people use vpns...
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
            X