WAN design and config

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAN design and config

hey guys, hope somebody have some input on this type of situation.

So, we have 3 offices, A is head office and B, C are remote sites.

*All connected via wireless and all on different VLAN
    A-------B
    |
    |_____C

We've had issues with our WAN provider so we're looking to add some redundancy. My initial thought was connect B -> C with a MPLS service and have a WAN ring so that when C -> A fails, traffic gets re-routed through B to A. I've thrown that to our network consultant but he seem to think we can't do it because the router at B and C only has 1 WAN port (cisco 1800 series). I've looked at our 1811 at headoffice and can see there are 2 WAN ports, so if we throw 2 other 1811 or above routers to the remote locations, would this design work? Finding more reliable WAN provider is out of the question since we still have a pretty long contract to go. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Re: WAN design and config

yep.. buy new routers then
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by zhaolo View Post
      Finding more reliable WAN provider is out of the question since we still have a pretty long contract to go. Any suggestion is appreciated.
      Does your contract not have an SLA?
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

yeah maybe new router but i think first choice going to be canceling the service and go with another provider. the situation is that a crane is blocking our wireless signal, current provider will need to put up another dish at their tower, but at the remote site they don't own that location, it's shared with another telcom company so they need permission to put up that dish. its been almost a month and still couldn't get permission. 2 year contract left but this is unacceptable so will try to get out of it and hopefully MPLS service will be much better.

Comment

Working...
        X