Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting to an internal device via a wireless connection

Hi All,

I think I need to add a static route but I have tried and it syas invalid. Basically I have a device connected to a wireless AP. If I try and connect to the device which is on the wireless ap via the lan its fine as the switch is doing the routing.

If I try and connetc to the device on the wireless I cant as it gets routed straight out on to the www. I tried to setup a static route but its says invalid.

Is it something I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Re: Connecting to an internal device via a wireless connection

Most likely, the wireless network you are connecting to is on its own seperate VLAN that your administrator has configured to only route out towards the internet. that is common on internal networks, where you want to provide a "Guest" Wireless network for visitors, contractors, etc...

Configuring a "static" route is not going to help you in this scenario if there is no routing avaiable to the internal network from this VLAN.
    JM @ IT Training & Consulting
    http://www.itgeared.com

Comment

i agree with [jm]
      do a tracert in you command prompt and see what way it routes.

Comment

Thanks guys. There was no vlan or seperation active, but it was set and disabled. I changed it and then re-disabled it and its fine - strange but works

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
        X