Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIR Internet Connection Help

Dear All,

we purchased 4 mb CIR connection form ISP with fiber optic back bone with 5 static public ip.

2 public ip we use for internet sharing but found that we are not getting 4 mb download speed i assign 1 public ip to isa server and check internet speed on speedtest.net it show on 2 mb bandwidth my ip my question is bellow.

1 what is exactly CIR Do because it is granted bandwidth
    2 why it is show 2 mb dowload speed on speedtest.net on all my 5 public ip i have 4 mb CIR bandwith.
    3. its is isp side problem or not.

Re: CIR Internet Connection Help

First thing is that speedtest is not a reliable means of testing your internet download speed.

Here in Oz i have a local FTP server that i can test from and it lets me know what speed i'm downloading at. Try something local to you.

Second thing is that you need to test outside your network. I.E. plug directly into the router and run the tests from there. This will prove whether your network is at fault or whether your ISP is at fault. Remove all of you connections other than the cable you are using to test.

Have you power cycled the router?? If possible turn off the router for 10-15 mins then power it back on and let it re-sync.

If you get the same results plugged into the router then i would suspect the problem lies with your ISP.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
      First thing is that speedtest is not a reliable means of testing your internet download speed.

Here in Oz i have a local FTP server that i can test from and it lets me know what speed i'm downloading at. Try something local to you.

Second thing is that you need to test outside your network. I.E. plug directly into the router and run the tests from there. This will prove whether your network is at fault or whether your ISP is at fault. Remove all of you connections other than the cable you are using to test.

Have you power cycled the router?? If possible turn off the router for 10-15 mins then power it back on and let it re-sync.

If you get the same results plugged into the router then i would suspect the problem lies with your ISP.

sorry i am very late for reply ya i check internet dowload speed by directly connecting my pc cable to media converter because i have no router connected.

but the download speed still down du meter show me varying value in between 1.5 mbps to 3.5mbps no constant download speed.

i try to download form microsoft site it give me 500 to 600 download speed

Comment

3.5MB on a 4MB link is actually pretty decent.

If you are getting inconsistency then you really need to speak to your ISP and get them to test it.

Is your line a 1:1 contention???

Comment

Working...
        X