Windows Live Mail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Live Mail

I installed Windows Live Mail on with my old Windows XP, and opted only to use the MAIL function. I only installed it because Outlook Express suddenly refused to send out emails, but gave no warning there was any problem with my server. Like much of new MS software I am not impressed by this Live Mail, for example the Address Book icon does not show, so I have to hunt for it in a menu. But the really daft thing is unlike Outlook Express, a box shows every time I activate it asking me for some password, and as usual unlike sensible sites, asking MS for it directs me to all sorts of zany MS sites and discussion forums of no help.

However thank goodness I am allowed to ignore the silly password box. But has anyone any idea how to stop if displaying each time?

Thanks

Re: Windows Live Mail

Can you please post a screenshot of the box
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks I have not yet fathomed out how to insert images here in posts so please look at

http://www.sigord.co.uk/TEMP/WLM.jpg

I blocked my address. The silly thing is I only have to close the box or click cancel to clear it and open up WML

Gordon

Comment

Have to say, it sounds like typical MS behaviour "remember my password invariably doesn't"

However, you could look in your Windows account advanced properties and see if you can cache it
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks again

Gordon

Comment

How to upload a screenshot/image.

Click image for larger version

Name:	attach-image1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	464851 Click image for larger version