internet conection-100% in use

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internet conection-100% in use

Hi My organization is facing for many days a strange problem.While looking to our MRTG we can see that our internet conection is completely full 100% of the time for more than a week and we don't have any idea which workstation or application is stucking our line.Which ways do i have to identifie from where comes the problem? We have a fortigate 200 firewall and we have tried to find which sessions are causing the problem but without success. Can i use a sniffer to find it? Thank you in advance. Natan

Re: internet conection-100% in use

Turn each device off and start them up one by one is probably the best option.

Your FortiGate appliance, i would imagine, would have some sort of active connections monitor. Have a look at that and see if you can see what is using your bandwidth.

Comment

Your internet service provider might be able to give you some traffic information about what port or app is using the traffic.
      Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
      I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
      MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

If i don't have any other option i supose that will be the only way to figger where is problem.
        Thanks

Comment

I have tried but they didin't help.

I am looking for a software that could help to detect the problem.

Tnks

Comment

Try Wireshark, my personal favorite. Or try what wullieb1 suggested and shut systems down one at a time.

Do make sure you have a legit problem first though. Something may be wrong with MRTG reporting. Confirm with your ISP that you have that much traffic first......

Comment

I don't know how big your network is but doesn't your router have the option to view which IP's are using the highest bandwidth?

Anyway, I recently installed Spiceworks. This is an amazing application. It includes a bandwidth monitor that allows you see bandwidth usage of designated computers. Very useful. And it is free!
              A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
              X