Router Within DHCP Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router Within DHCP Server

I'm looking to add a router to a existing Domain network.

The domain setup is as follows

IP Addresses: 192.168.0.100-255
    Gateway 192.168.0.3
    DNS 192.168.0.13 (Domain Controller)
    DNS 2 192.168.0.10 (Backup Domain Controller)

In the past I have set up a basic wireless router as an access point by turning off DHCP on the router.

I would like to setup the router as with DHCP, making a new subnet 192.168.3.100-255.

The problem when I connect to the router, I don't get internet access when the DHCP is on and the client computer has an ip address of 192.168.3.100 but when DHCP is off and the client computer gets an IP address of 192.168.0.100 internet works fine.

The reason for doing this is so that the computers in the 3.100 subnetwork would have different permissions in our firewall.

I was planning on using a WRT54G with DD-WRT firmware.

Re: Router Within DHCP Server

What is the WAN side of the new router connected to?

What are you using as the gateway for the main network?

Please post a lot more detail about the existing setup of your network so that we can offer relevant suggestions.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Can you post an ipconfig / all from the client on both subnets?
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

when you configure DHCP on the wireless router, you have to give it a new gateway on the 192.168.3.0 network

and of course, the 192.168.3.0 network has to be able to route over the internet gateway

am i makin sense at all ?
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
        X