No announcement yet.

implementing IPv6

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• implementing IPv6

hello every1

i was wondering if anyone has already implemented an ipv6 network (containing windows xp, 7, server 2008, r2, some linux boxes, and cisco networking equipment) and can recommend some good documentation, best practices, books etc. based on the, hopefully successful , implementation of such a network.

i've been reading the ipv6 transition paper microsoft has published on technet, as well as a few other sources of information and believe to have aquired a solid base knowledge of the matter.

however, none of these sources offers a framework / plan of what to do, in which order, and what aspects to pay special attention to.
    i'd appreciate it if someone could share their experience. i am sure a lot of you guys will face such a project in the next couple of years, too

thx a lot

Re: implementing IPv6

Hi, i'm setting up an IPV6 test-lab right now!... for the moment i've a win server 2008, 3 win 7 client and a Cisco router 1861 with 12.4 ios... i've to say that my network work very well... the problem now is that i can't find a way to resolve ipv6 name host from an ipv4 only client and vice versa....and i cant surf the web... i can ping any internet ip like or other using the form <ipv6prefix>::<ipv4address>..

i've read online about this DNS-ALG but i can't find any way on how to set up this...

however i've surfed for much time on internet but, i've not used any book...

Sorry for my english ^^

Re: implementing IPv6

I was actually posing a question on this just the other day

It's something I'd like to try once I'm in a position to setup virtual machines again
      Unfortunately that's not likely to be for quite a while
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point