No announcement yet.

Network/Device scan

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network/Device scan

Hi all...

Im trying to discover all divices on the network as the documentation I recieved with regards to whats out there is none existant. We only have a small network so I was wondering what tools I can use to discover devices?

Re: Network/Device scan

Angry IP Scanner might help.

Look at the DHCP server's list of address leases.

Grab a network cable and follow it to see what's on the end
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

definitely take a look at spiceworks - I was lookin at it at home (I'm in a building with a shared, free wireless network) and it was able to go out and discover about 7 or 8 comptuers, as well as 4 network devices (all of which I have no acccess to, but that's not the point)

if you DO have access (for instance, a domain admin account) it will actually give you a whole heap of info back on the computer.
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Cheers fella's, Ive looked at Spiceworks before so I might relive the dream...

Thanks again

Another to look at is nmap, my personal fav......

Don't forget The Dude.
            Departed: 23rd December 2015

Id use SolarWinds LANsurveyor
              Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
              I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
              MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.