Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netwok Mapping Application

Hello all,

I am looking for a application to map my new network.

I have been trying to use nmap to create a topographic map, but its just giving me a ball centered around my computer, rather then any details on any links at all.

We are running a MS network with 2003 AD.
    We have a number of servers, and a number (50+) remote sites connected via Cisco routers.
    I would like a app that can note the servers, workstations, routers and link speed (if possible), in a nice network map, anyone know of one?

Thanks,
    Wofen
    Good to be back....

Re: Netwok Mapping Application

NSM could definitely do this = i've seen it occur, however it's probably oversized and expensive for what you want

you could also try ciscoworx, might do it for you

or, the long, slow, hard way:
    SH CDP NEI on each router
    then sh route
    then you can see what's dirrectly connected to each router
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
      NSM could definitely do this = i've seen it occur, however it's probably oversized and expensive for what you want

you could also try ciscoworx, might do it for you

or, the long, slow, hard way:
      SH CDP NEI on each router
      then sh route
      then you can see what's dirrectly connected to each router

Yeah, I have a budget of zero for this..... so cant actuly pay for anything...

And I have only my spare time over the next week to get this working....

I got nmap to work, but now its back to telling me everything is one step away from my computer..... Should of saved that report that worked.

Oh well, if it comes down to it, I will map it by hand.

Wofen
      Good to be back....

Comment

It seems that its not the application but the user thats stoping Zenmap from working.

I was only scanning a single subnet, as for some reason my \24 netmask was not getting picked up.

One final question is this, Does anyone know if there is a way to get Zenmap to see Switchs in a single subnet?

On the scan that I want to do, its made up of 4 parts, a Head office network, a Site A network, a Site B network, and a Undernet (that connects the 3 networks together). I can get a nice scan for the network that my computer is not on (So, Site a, B and the undernet), but the head office network just shows up as a ring around my comptuer no matter what I try to do.

Anyhow, I have created a a new post to talk about the process of actuly creating a Topographic network map, Please post repsones there.

Thanks,
        Wofen
        Good to be back....

Comment

Working...
        X