Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridging Two Networks

Hello there
    I have an unusual situation. A client of mine own two companies who share the same office space. The two companies operate their own separate server based networks along with separate Internet connections. My client, Jim (not his real name J) wants to be able to access both networks from one computer at the same time, whilst not allowing other users on both networks top see each other. There is a PDF attached with a simple drawing. I am unsure of the most stable approach to this. My thoughts:
    Configure a third router between the two? But I am unsure of how to configure this.
    Allocate extra IP addresses to Jims adapter allowing him to browse both networks is this feasible?
    Anyone who can offer a cost effective approach on this will be a certified legend

Thanks for your time
    MIS
    Attached Files

Re: Bridging Two Networks

Have you looked into RDP?

Comment

As already said just RDP or any remote support tool Logmein ,Teamviwer etc. If you do not want the networks to be able to see each other as per your diagram then this is your easiest and cheapest option.

Comment

Hi and thanks for your reply
        What we need to do it access share folders and a MYOB company file on the other network. RDP will only send you to the screen of another computer. Jim (the user) is the only one who requires this access. Connecting via VPN seems a bit silly since the Server B is literally in the next room.
        There must be a simplified solution to this, using a router for example. But it is the config of the router that is the challange
        Any further thoughts?
        Regards
        MIS

Comment

using a router with access lists would be an expansive, exessive solution.
          if there is a vpn solution in place or easily configured with existing equipment that is the way to go.

Comment

make sure there is a physicla network connection between the two.

Give jim's computer a second IP addres, that belongs to the other subnet
            make sure he has an appropriate route.

Sorted.
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
            X