Sonicwall VPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonicwall VPN

I have a sonicwall NSA 240 and i am trying to connect to this device from home, i have a connection to my sonicwall box from home but i am not able to log into any workstations or servers. Does anyone have any ideas of how to work around this issue???

Re: Sonicwall VPN

Thread moved from Cisco Security – PIX/ASA/VPN forum.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

This could be any manner of issues. Are you able to ping any of the clients machines on the secureLAN? How are you connecting? Via SSL VPN (Web based) or the VPN client?

Comment

I am using a vpn client and i am not able to ping any clients, yet i am connected. Could you tell me how i must setup the sonicwall side of things as i have tried all settings. (Wan groupvpn) with a shared key (dhcp over vpn) also users settings and groups. thanks for your help.
        Also thanks goes out to scurlaruntings for the speedy response

Comment

Originally posted by srobinson View Post
          I am using a vpn client and i am not able to ping any clients, yet i am connected. Could you tell me how i must setup the sonicwall side of things as i have tried all settings. (Wan groupvpn) with a shared key (dhcp over vpn) also users settings and groups. thanks for your help.
          Also thanks goes out to scurlaruntings for the speedy response
          http://howto.techworld.com/security/...o-network-vpn/

Try the above link. Admittedly its been a while since iv setup a VPN on a Sonicwall (Enhanced OS right?) but the steps in the link should be sufficient enough. If not log into your My Sonicwall account and download the documentation directly from Sonicwall who will have a howto on VPN setups.
          Additionally the NSA240 has a built in SSL VPN you should be using that instead as no client is required and it tunnels the connections directly through the appliance. Also you can publish whatever apps you want on a per user basis with LDAP integration via a web interface which you also use to login to the VPN. Its an excellent product.

Comment

Yes its Sonicwall Enhanced OS and i will look at the link and start from scratch, and will let you know my outcome thanks a lot man

Comment

How are you authenticating when you login???

Have you setup a radius server???

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
                How are you authenticating when you login???

Have you setup a radius server???
                You dont need a RADIUS with Sonicwall VPN's. The authentication is done by the appliance. You specify the user name and password there. Or you use LDAP if using the SSL VPN instead.

Comment

Originally posted by scurlaruntings View Post
                  You dont need a RADIUS with Sonicwall VPN's. The authentication is done by the appliance. You specify the user name and password there. Or you use LDAP if using the SSL VPN instead.
                  That all depends on what your using to authenticate.

Adding 1000 users to a device so they can be authenticated locally is rather tedious and an administrative nightmare.

Thats the reason i asked how users were authenticating.

Comment

Question for the OP

How is your device connected to the SonicWALL??? Are you using the VPN client or a VPN to VPN connection via hardware devices???

Comment

Thanks to scurlaruntings for your help your link to the instructions worked like a charm.
                      I am using a VPN client at home and i authenticate with username/password and secret secure key from the sonicwall device.
                      Thanks all

Comment

Working...
                      X