Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avaya 1152A2 DPU - which port is the uplink?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avaya 1152A2 DPU - which port is the uplink?

Hi

Have the mother of all problems.

Telephony scenario is this:

> Avaya IP 500 Server System

> 2 x Avaya 1152A2 DPU's

> Avaya POE IP phones

Problem: all the patch cables between the patch panels and switches were pulled out and replaced with new cables. Unfortunately this also included patch cables connecting the Avaya 1152A2 DPU's to the data switches/Avaya IP 500 Server System. And we don't know how they were connected (the guy pulling the cables out did not take note of which ports were in use by the DPU's themselves).

So now the phones don't work, showing the error 'No Ethernet'.

DHCP on the Avaya IP 500 Server System was tested via a laptop, it's definitely offering DHCP addresses for lease.

However, no matter how the DPU's are connected to the data switches or even to the IP 500 itself, it isn't reaching the phones.

My question is, what is the normal port to use to connect:

> an Avaya 1152A2 DPU to the data network

Also, should the two Avaya 1152A2 DPU's be connected to each other, or should they each separately connect to the data switch?

There is only a serial port on the DPU's, is there any way to connect and bypass any password? This kit was deployed a team long gone, who left nothing by way of documentation.

We've tried connecting the lan cable from the IP 500 into various ports on the DPU's but still can't get an ip address.

Obviously somewhere there is a break in the connection, but where?

Any advice would be welcome, particularly uplink port details on these DPU's and if the serial port can be used to access the config of the DPU's when we don't have a password.

Thanks

Taw

Re: Avaya 1152A2 DPU - which port is the uplink?

Sue the guy for lost business.
    that's just idiocy.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

I'll take your pointless response to mean you know f##k all about Avaya devices.

Do me a favour and keep responses like that to your self.

Comment

have you contacted avaya and asked for help under service contracts on your devices ?

and while my response may have been somewhat pointless, It's not nearly as pointless as having incomplete documentation, or arranging for a contractor to do work before knowing what that work might impact.

Someone clearly did a risk analysis plan well here didn't they.

"so what are the risks of someone pulling out all our cables and replacing them"
        "none, we just plug cables back in"
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Listen dude, this is a gig we've just inherited, we have nothing from the previous bunch, not even a blank piece of paper.

And I know very well the seriousness of the situation, and it's cause.

So since you've offered nothing of value DON'T bother posting back eh.

Just a warning this time.
          Mod.
          Last edited by DYasny; 5th December 2010, 12:01. Reason: Post edited to remove language

Comment

Taw_Jackson there is NO need to be a complete tosser coming back with the replies you have.

YOU have come here for help and even if the replies for YOUR request for help don't provide a solution to YOUR immediate problem, they may give you an idea (something you don't apear to have right now) about how to proceed.

tehcamel, I would suggest leaving Taw_Jackson to find someone else to provide suggestions to his problem.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X