Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Over Over 300 MS 6to4 Network Adapters installed - How to automatically remove them ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over Over 300 MS 6to4 Network Adapters installed - How to automatically remove them ?

I have a LAN consisting of 2 PC's - a desktop connected to the Web by Ethernet cable through a router and a laptop wirelessly connetected to the router.

Both PC's have WIN7 installed. Win 7 has only recently been installed on the desktop which previously had XP Pro.

Throughout the time when the desktop had XP I had many problems with networking , always with the WIN 7 laptop attempting to "see" shared files on the desktop but none in the other direction.

This was accompanied by difficulty in obtaining full pinging when going laptop to desktop with failure rates frequently involving losses of 75%.

Now that I have both machines with WIN 7 I want to again attempt to network them not necessarily using Homegroup but also normal networking.

In the course of WEB research into this subject I found a reference to a problem where some people had found that their PC'S had installed multiple versions of MS 6to4 Network Adapters. These are normally hidden in Device Manager and , to see them , you have to right click and select "Hidden Apps"
    I found that I had over 300 of these on my laptop!

These can be automatically removed by use of an MS app "devcon.exe" I have d/l this APP and attempted to get it to work without success. This, in spite of following instructions given at http://ryanvictory.com/posts/automat...val-in-windows

Due to the large number of these items on my laptop I am anxious to get rid of them automatically and am wondering whether anyone here can help with either "devcon.exe" or similar.
    "devcon.exe" is a commmand -type app the syntax of which I am not too familiar.
    It would seem to me that the existence of so many of these Adapters and
    the difficulty in pinging from the laptop are not unrelated.

Re: Over Over 300 MS 6to4 Network Adapters installed - How to automatically remove th

What errors do you get when trying to remove them???

Comment

Re: Over Over 300 MS 6to4 Network Adapters installed - How to automatically remove th

You gave a lot of info, but I'm not sure the problem is related to your 6to4 adapters.
      What do you mean by 6to4 adapters anyway? I'm running Win7 x64 and don't have any of those, not in "show hidden devices" view as well.
      Can you please give the name?

Another thought - in wireless LAN, many times missed pings are as a result of a bad connection. Can you please check if that is the case by:
      a. Working very close to the wireless antenna and pinging both the router IP and the PC to see if your network problem still exists.
      b. Sometimes wireless LAN is influenced from a neighbor's WLAN traffic and collisions occur. Try switching transmission channel on the wireless router and see if that helps to your traffic quality.
      Regards,
      Leonid

MCSE 2003, MCITP EA, VCP4.

Comment

Working...
      X