Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find ip address of printer?

Hi All,

I am having a little difficulty in finding out a few of printers ip addresses. The printers are connected to network.

I am posting screen shot of properties of one of the printers. Only port is listed in the properties. But when i ping the printer using port name to get the ip address it doesnt returns me anything. The printer is at client side and I cannot just go and print a test page from printer to get the ip address.

Any idea how can i get the ip address of this printer?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Find ip address of printer?

That's a weird TCP/IP port for a printer. Normally they are something like 192.168.xx.xxx Like -->

Is the printer shared in any way?
    "To err is human but to really **** things up requires a computer user..."

"The path to enlightenment is /user/bin/enlightenment"

A+ CE

Comment

Yes the printer is shared

Comment

When you say client side, are you talking like across the country or across the office? Just trying to get the easiest way to get it.

A+ CE

Comment

Client is in the same city as I am, far from office though. Also, dont wanna say it to my boss that I have to go to client side just to get ip address of a printer. sounds stupid doesnt it?

Comment

Sometimes it has to be done.
            and really if it's just a "few" you could just print it and have them call you with the IP
            I'm still hitting for answers.

A+ CE

Comment

HP web jet admin will collect network printer info by IP range, so If you specify the whole subnet in your range, you should find all network connected printers, provided they are powered on.

Comment

Try printing a status page
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by outstream View Post
                  The printer is at client side and I cannot just go and print a test page from printer to get the ip address.
                  Client is in the same city as I am, far from office though.
                  Tried that option. :P

A+ CE

Comment

see if this helps

http://www.topwebhosts.org/tools/fin...printer-ip.php

Comment

there should be a button near that that says 'configure port' or something, if its grayed out then use something like vnc to connect and log in as administrator then do the same.
                      Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
                      I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
                      MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Did you check the properties of the port itself?

Do you know the IP range that the printer should be on? If so, scan the range with an IP scanner. Then, have then unplug the network cable / power it off. Scan again. Whatever IP went away is what you're looking for.
                        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Have tried to ping the name of the printer "BRN_344B5A"?

Double check that is the printer name by clicking on configure port in the printer properties where you took your screen shot.

you will see "Port Name" and "Printer Name or IP Address".

Try to ping whatever is in the "Printer Name or IP Address" field

Comment

Working...
                          X