Voip call slows network

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voip call slows network

My company has decided to move the phone system over to VOIP and now I have a problem that I am not sure what is wrong.
    I have the production network on the 192.168.0.0/22 I have created another network on the router 10.10.10.0/24 to put the IP phones on. When I place a call IP phone to IP phone I then try to open a web page (Google.com) it takes 5 minutes to load the page. When I end the VOIP call the network goes back to normal. The call quality is terrible.
    I tried to put the IP phones on the 192.168.0.0/22 network. I then make a call it doesnt slow the network but the call quality is the same.
    WE dont have VLans configured so I am not sure if thats the problem. So the data traffic isnt seperate from the voice traffic.
    All calls that I have tested so far has been inside the network.

Re: Voip call slows network

What quility is your network hardware? It could be as simple as your router can not handle 2 streams of infomation from 2 subnets at the same time. When you removed the 2nd subnet, it resolved the connection time outs, and the bad call quility could be from cheap hardware or bad network lines.

Wofen
    Good to be back....

Comment

Cisco router 2851 is our main router, then it goes down to the Cisco 3560, then down to the HP 2510 G switches these switches lead to each floor. I dont think its cheap hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by randywhite30 View Post
        Cisco router 2851 is our main router, then it goes down to the Cisco 3560, then down to the HP 2510 G switches these switches lead to each floor. I dont think its cheap hardware.

Agreed

Well, that was the simple idea.

And sadly I have next to no xp with Voip though Ciscos (other then calling the ISP techs to yell at them).

Wofen
        Good to be back....

Comment

Working...
        X