sonicwall nsa 2400 need regular lan port

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sonicwall nsa 2400 need regular lan port

hi guys, i need your help.... i just have to setup a sonicwall nsa 2400 from default, ... i use port x0 (lan) and x1(wan) like the default. i also setup a dhcp range pretty large because i need around 250 ip.

now i need a lan port wich will go to another part of the building that is already setup and using his own ip, this part of the building just need the feed to internet, and if i connect it on my switch(not the sonicwall) it seem to create problem with his DNS or conplicting ip (not sure) thats why this guys only need a internet feed. how do i do it in the sonicwall ?

for X2 i know if i choose lan port it ask me for a range of ip.... i could not save the config because it was conflicting... so i let it go and connect it on the switch , with the result we know..
    do i just need ti setup another ip range? what other setting i need to do ?

the ip of the box is
    and the dhcp range from
    10.0.0.100 to 10.0.2.100 about
    submask 255.255.0.0

thanks

sly
    Last edited by 123sly123; 20th August 2016, 04:42.

You can have any number of LAN port on your SonicWALL until you run out of physical ports, even then you can add more but it gets complex.

In your scenario you need to have your SonicWALL appliance setup with X2 as a LAN port and it must be a unique network, cannot have the device using the same network more than once.

E.G. X0 will be 10.0.0.1/16 and X2 would be 10.1.0.0/16

BTW you do realise that you have more than 250 addresses in your DHCP scope??
    Last edited by wullieb1; 23rd August 2016, 04:13. Reason: Should have been X0 not X1

Comment

thanks wullieb for answering... i will try that in the next day, i was not sure if i just choose another network if it would be link to the wan port.... and yes i know the scoop have 254 adress but i start it at .100 but i might change it on same network.

sly

Comment

wullieb what is the /16 for ?

Comment

/16 is a shorthand way of indicating a 255.255.0.0 (16 bit) subnet mask
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

ok i did the lan port
            10.1.0.2 but now can i have this port to give one ip like if i connect my computer to my modem ?

so far we gonna have to set in the router, connected to x2 port, the gateway to 10.1.0.2 . is this look correct ? is this the proper way to do it ?

another question i also need to forward a port to this x2 port ...in firewall i add a rule from wan to lan 10.1.0.2 for port 8080 , is this ok ?
            in other router there 2 place we need to go, one to open firewall and the other to forward the port, in this sonicwall is it all at same place ?

thanks and sorry if my question sound stupid.

sylvain

Comment

I don't understand what your doing here.

Your NSA appliance is not a modem.

Your X2 port is now operating like a normal LAN port, i.e you can connect multiple devices to this port, if you add the appropriate switch, and they can, if you setup the DHCP scope on the SonicWALL, collect an IP address in the relevant range you require.

Maybe you should do a diagram that shows us what you actually want to achieve.

Comment

I don't understand what your doing here.

-like i mention ( i think ) it will work if we setup the gateway to 10.1.0.2 in the router that will be connect to my X2 port.

Your NSA appliance is not a modem.
                -yes i know.

Your X2 port is now operating like a normal LAN port, i.e you can connect multiple devices to this port, if you add the appropriate switch, and they can, if you setup the DHCP scope on the SonicWALL, collect an IP address in the relevant range you require.

-the DHCP that i already configure is 10.0.2.100 to 10.0.3.200
                -can/should i setup another DHCP for this x2 port ?

Maybe you should do a diagram that shows us what you actually want to achieve

-it is not really complicated, maybe i do not explain it properly but
                -ISP modem goes to x1 port
                -x0 is lan port 10.0.2.1 with DHCP scope 10.0.2.100 to 10.0.3.200 this one goes to a switch were i got 200 users
                -x2 is 10.1.0.2 goes to a cisco router were i got 100 users...cisco router is set to get an ip via DHCP ( but i think if we setup the gateway to 10.1.0.2 this should work )

-hope this is more understanable...

sylvain
                Last edited by 123sly123; 26th August 2016, 14:52.

Comment

No its not very clear what you are trying to achieve.

Yes you will need a 2nd DHCP scope for the X2 port, and it will need to be configured for that port.

Will the internal interface on the Cisco be on a different subnet again?? If not then what is the point in having the Cisco router??

from what i can see you will have the following

X0 - - - - - Switch - - - - - Users
                  X1 - - - - -ISP - - - - - Internet
                  X2 - - - - Cisco Router - - - - - Possibly switch - - - - - Users

Comment

hi wullieb ,
                    Will the internal interface on the Cisco be on a different subnet again??
                    yes he will use 192.168.1.0

If not then what is the point in having the Cisco router??
                    it is a addon for an appartment building (PHASE2) they hire this person to install and manage the internet in the new building but he take internet from the first building(sonicwall)

another question i also need to forward a port to this x2 port ...in firewall i add a rule from wan to lan 10.1.0.2 for port 8080 , is this ok ?
                    in other router there 2 place we need to go, one to open firewall and the other to forward the port, in this sonicwall is it all at same place ?

thanks for your time mulieb

syvain

Comment

Same thing applies.

Configure your X2 port with the relevant details, i personally wouldn't be doing any DHCP on that side as the Cisco should take care of it.

Nope. You will need to configure your NAT policies as well as your firewall policies.

https://support.software.dell.com/kb/sw4535

Comment

Working...
                      X