Sonicwall wild card setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonicwall wild card setup

I have a Sonicwall NSA 240 and i have two address groups setup with a naming scheme as web_priv and another web_pub i am tring to create a wildcard like *.example.com and each time i do this the web_priv ip address is taken over by the wildcard and hence the site goes down.
    is there a way i can add this wild card and get it to work as it should without taking down my site???

Re: Sonicwall wild card setup

What is it that you are trying to achieve???

Comment

No i am trying to setup a wildcard for my domain in my sonicwall unit.
      example is my domain is called www.hlpme.com and if someone types in hlpme.com with my wildcard *.hlpme.com it will go directly to my site www.hlpme.com.
      Last edited by Rems; 6th October 2010, 23:22. Reason: live links removed by Mod

Comment

Thats not done by your SonicWALL thats done by DNS.

Comment

Oh thank you wullieb1 for your speedy response.
          So can you tell me or direct me to a site that will show me how to do this?

Comment

Externally?
            Contact your ISP.
            Marcel
            Technical Consultant
            Netherlands
            http://www.phetios.com
            http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
            "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
            "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Thanks Dumber for the info i went to godaddy and its that ISP that handles our account, now do i have to place a *.example.com in my IIS setup for my websites??? if so how is this done??
              Once again thank you all for the info.

Comment

why not just create entries for each site and point them all to the same address.

Comment

When creating the CSR request, you use the name *.example.com in it. IIS shouldn't need any tweaking providing it's IIS 6 or 7 and you won't be using the wildcard certificate for Exchange, whereas, additional config. is required and there are known limitations. You always have a grace period to have a certificate re-issued should it not work and request a re-issue of it. Also, you are sometimes entitled to additional certificates for other servers by sending another CSR request from another server and requestign a re-issue of the certificate.

Comment

thanks to all you guys, now i have added the cert to my iis ver6 now i need to add this to my sonic wall lan and wan using address object and nat policy how do i do this??

Comment

Working...
                    X