No announcement yet.

Bandwidth testing tool

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandwidth testing tool

Hi guys,

I need a tool which will enable me to quickly test bandwidth upload and download. My initial requirement is to have a tool which let me click on a destination device and it will test the maxi,um bandwidth possible from the device I am using (the source) and the destination device. This way if the destination device is a server on the LAN I can see the speed I get across my LAN, helping me to troubleshoot LAN problems and I can also use this to test I am getting the bandwidth I am paying for on my MPLS WAN. I can test on the WAN by choosiing a server on a different site.

Hope this is clear and that someone has a usefull tool for this. currently we are using a stopwatch and a 100mb file to calculate this manuaully, its a bout time we automated this! Alternatively I guess I could write a script to work this out for me.

Re: Bandwidth testing tool

You could give iPerf a try:

I've used to to best bandwith from my backup exec server to our SAN.

Michael Armstrong
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **