Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DO I need serial type connection to my website

Hi all
    I m going host my own web server, we have nearlly 500 clients outside will access to web server, what kind of connection do i need DSL Asymmetric or serial type UPLOAD DOWNLOAD same speed ???

Re: DO I need serial type connection to my website

ADSL2+ with an Annex M connection would work. SDSL allows for the same upload and download speeds.

You have provided us with very little info. Web server with 500 clients.
    What is being accessed? Pages, images or files downloaded.
    Is the access happening in a set time frame or is it spread out over a 24 hour period?
    Country loacation of the Server?
    Alternate option is to get a cheap hoster like Godaddy, Host Monster or similar. They have 100mb connections and you do't have to have a broadband connection specifically for a web server.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

hello biggles77,
      I m working at financial company we have database SQL , we need somehow our clients to access their private Accounts , there is a company offered a system we are going install IIS on new server2003 standerd, publish it with isa2006 still not sure We are going talk about this )) biggles77, static ip address registered Domain name act...... for our clients from internet access and see their accounts,

1- No images , flash
      2- the server will be online 24 hours

Comment

Tell your boss you need an OC3 connection and then setup a VPN for yourself.

Seriously, ADSL2+ or a good SDSL connection. If the Web Server is going to be Mission Critical then you may need a second connection from a different ISP and use a failover Modem/Router.

Make sure you have a good backup that can be quickly restored and also a good UPS for the Web and ISA Server as well as the Modem (and switch if you have the connection running through one).

What sort of plans and speeds do you have in your country?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X