Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WiFi access using RADIUS and EAP-xxx

HI!

Is there a way to allow users which are not part of AD domain in Windows 2003 ot use WiFi using EAP-TLS or EAP-MS-CHAP v2.

Users and PCs which are part of domain can authenticate to WiFi APs without problems using both EAP-TLS or EAP-MS-CHAP v2.

Is there a way to allow a PC which is not part of domain to succesfully connect to a WLAN?

I'm using a W2k3 enviroment.

TNX

Re: WiFi access using RADIUS and EAP-xxx

How are you going to authenticate these users without them being on your domain???

Are you setting up the WiFi connections so that external companies can have access to the internet??

Comment

Re: WiFi access using RADIUS and EAP-xxx

Sorry, I didn't expressed situation correctly . English is not my first language.

Guest users would have a guest AD accounts (or would be created, if they come for the first time), but their laptops would be a non-domain machines.

In my 1st scenario I used EAP-MS-CHAP v2.
      I configured wireless connection to use a another acc to authenicate and then you can logon with a domain user. I will be asked to enter domain user name and pass. Setting is on a picture 1-1.

In my 2nd scenario I used an EAP-TLS. From my workgroup laptop, I have connected to http://caserver/certsrv and logged on with a domain user acc when asked.

Requested a cert and installed it (certificate is issued for a user who logged on a certsrv web page).
      In this case, it would be a "guest" domain account (A new acc for a person who is visitor in network).

After I have issued a certificate from a Ent CA to a User and configured Advanced option on 802.1x tab, I connected to a wifi without a problem using non-domain laptop.

Settings are on a pic attached bellow. Picture 1-2.

I hope this solves and clears a confusion I have made with bad typing . If somebody is unclear with what I have done to make it work, post me...
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X