X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Problem Help Please

Hello World ,

This my first post,

I am IT Support for an organisation that have 13 employees those are connected to the internet throw a 24 port switch 10/100/1000 and this switch is connected to a main ADSL Router .
    i have a domain controller for this network ,but lately i see some troubles related to the internet connectivity , for testing i changed the main router to a new edimax router but the problem appears again , also i use ping to google.com for troubleshooting and i get this result sometimes :

Reply from 216.58.211.110: bytes=32 time=91ms TTL=51
    Reply from 216.58.211.110: bytes=32 time=94ms TTL=51
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Reply from 216.58.211.110: bytes=32 time=92ms TTL=51

downloading files from internet is ok when this happens ,but when surfing its is not .
    i checked the whole computers for peer to peer torrents but there is nothing .
    the employees are using outlook 2013 for work only .
    i tried to contact ISP company but they see that there is no problem and told me to check the network from inside .

any idea's ?!

Plug something directly into the router (bypass the switch) and try from there
    If you still have problems (and you have already replaced the router) it really seems to be down to ISP issues
    If this solves the problem, look at the switch and cabling
    (btw, ISPs ALWAYS say "we see no problem". It is a bit like politicians)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

What should your connection speed be (as advertised by your ISP), and what is the actual speed (as measured by a broadband speed checker website)? Also, check that your DNS is set up properly.
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

I am assuming DNS is OK as the ping has already resolved the IP, but worth checking anyway
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Depending on your router as well, you might see error rates on the line if it gives you those details
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
          X