Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing File extensions on MAC

Hi Everyone,

I have run into quite the issue this morning, after a project that switched our network IP Scheme. The project was to change our network from the 192.168.1.x /24 to 192.168.2.x /23. We have a 10TB NAS Device that holds important files that are worked on in our company. This is a printing business, and the files are for our prepress department. Now all I did was change the IP Address of the NAS device. However, when I remap the users to the new server IP, some of the files are not showing up like before. It seems that the files have lost their file extensions. It seems that this has only happened the the FONT files.

.ttf - true type fonts. - These come over and have a ZERO file size and it says Macintosh Executable File.
    .otf - were ones that are showing up and working fine.

I am thinking it has to do with the Metadata file? Mainly because I do not know how they work. Please let me know you have any ideas, advice, questions, or concerns.

Thank you
    Standard_IT

Rather than an IP subnet change, could it be something like this: https://indesignsecrets.com/topic/font-problem I know nothing about 'resource forks' on a MAC but this might help you understand what is happening https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resource_fork
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Hey Blood,

I just wanted to reach out and THANK YOU!

I appreciate you taking the time to look into this! My team and I are grateful for this information! We are going to entertain the idea of using "StuffIt". Even if we don't use that program, we appreciate the wiki page and the explanation of what we might be encountering. I will try to report back with my findings

Happy holidays!
      Standard_IT

Comment

Glad to help
        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
        X