UTM All in One type Firewall, VPN, Spam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UTM All in One type Firewall, VPN, Spam

What's the thought on the all in one UTM devices? Are they able to provide the horsepower and functionality of separate boxes?

I'm considering replacing my VPN and firewall, and also thinking about ditching Postini. Would a Cisco ASA 55xx or, Watchguard, Sonicwall device be able to do everything as effectively as a Barracuda + Firewall + vpn endpoint could?

I have experience with a Watchguard Firebox but it was for a much smaller 200 user environment. I'd be looking at something for about 1000 users.

Thanks!

Re: UTM All in One type Firewall, VPN, Spam

No experience w/ an all in one solution, but IMHO the Barracuda Spam devices are awesome.

Wouldn't be surprised if someone's already done a white paper on the effectiveness of an all in one vs multiple devices.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

ASA's great as a firewall appliance. Cisco Ironport is there spam appliance. I have heard great things about it.
      CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
      CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
        No experience w/ an all in one solution, but IMHO the Barracuda Spam devices are awesome.
        This i have to agree with. We use the Spam Firewall 3000 devices and its fantastic. Plug it in configure it and leave it to its own devices. Learns very quickly from what i can see.

We use that in conjunction with another mail filtering device locally to weed out the invariable crap that comes thru.

Personally i wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket and as a company we don't.

We use the following devices:

SonicWALL firewall.
        Barracuda Spam firewall.
        iPrism Proxy server.
        Riverbed compression.

Comment

Working...
        X