Subnetting Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subnetting Help

Hey guys. I am new here and i was wondering if someone can help me with two questions below.

1. Given the network 169.74.0.0/16, subnet the network into 2 subnets each capable of incorporating 1000 hosts. Determine subnet mask, subnet IP address, first and last usable host address, and broadcast address of each network.

2. Given the network 11.0.0.0 and netmask 255.0.0.0, subnet the network into 4 subnets each capable of incorporating 4000 hosts. Determine subnet mask, subnet IP address, first and last usable host address, and broadcast address of each network.

Re: Subnetting Help

http://www.subnet-calculator.com/

http://learn-networking.com/network-...bnet-a-network

Comment

More homework?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yep, homework from 2 years ago:
        http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6205027AAtugV1

dabusabus1, your homework's a tad late. Don't think you're gonna get any points for it.

Next time, READ THE BOOK!
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
          Yep, homework from 2 years ago:

dabusabus1, your homework's a tad late. Don't think you're gonna get any points for it.

Next time, READ THE BOOK!
          Its not homework but rather me studying for a final exam. If it was in the book i would not have posted here. But anyways to everyone else thanks for the help.

Comment

So if you are studying for an final exam, you should be able to answer the question and post up your answer for comments.

Unless you want to pay one of the experts here to sit your exam -- about $5000 + expenses should be about right
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
              So if you are studying for an final exam, you should be able to answer the question and post up your answer for comments.
              Agreed. There's a difference between just asking for the answer and posting your thought processes regarding the question and asking for comments. The latter is always preferred.

Then again, the answer's always 42

Comment

If your book doesnt cover subnettting then get a new book. Subnetting is a core topic. There are may resources on the net that cover it. Us giving you answers doesnt help you. You need to get this down cold to work in the networking field. These are easy questions you should be able to do in your head.
                CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
                CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
                  Then again, the answer's always 42
                  There we go again, someone making out they are 10 years younger

Back on topic though, agree with the fellow forumists, spoonfeeding the answer only helps in the short term if at all.
                  Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

"Oh no, not again"

Looking at the questions, I am curious what "final" exam they relate to -- they look very basic
                    Tom Jones
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                      "Oh no, not again"

Looking at the questions, I am curious what "final" exam they relate to -- they look very basic
                      Networking 102 or Network+ I'd imagine.

Comment

Working...
                      X