Problems getting to one website

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems getting to one website

Could anyone recommend a tool to help me identify why access to one website is proving so difficult and random?

We've had a problem for the past two/three weeks all of a sudden, yet all what I've tried hasn't been conclusive or remedied

Thanks

Btw, if anyone has any suggestions to help resolve this I'll gratefully listen

Comment

We had an issue several years ago where staff were unable to access bbc.co.uk or google.co.uk but all other sites worked. The solution was to add our ISP's DNS server addresses to the Forwarders tab on the DNS server. Open the DNS Server console, right-click the server name, choose Properties, click Forwarders and click Edit to add the addresses.
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Can you share the website with us?
        Is the site only unavailable from inside your company network or can you access it from home?
        Has the stupid govt decided by one of their idiotic illogical reasonings that it may be a spamming site or a Terry Wrist one (as it may be in the same IP range as one that got hacked and sent out spam or one that Terry asked an innocent question for a school project. Don't laugh as it has happened in Australia. Took the butcher nearly 2 years to find out why his website was blacklisted; secret govt stuff don't you know. Bloody secret squirrels)

Oops, forgot to ask, what error message, if any, are you getting on the browser when you try to access the site? An image attached to your next post might be helpful. Thanks.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks Blood, may use that as a last resort if I cannot locate the issue.

Sure biggles, it's www.jpmorgan.com

The problem only started a few weeks ago and every avenue I've looked at, different default gateway (we have a couple), DHCP, Static IP, vlan wifi route has proved unsuccessful. What I have narrowed it down to is non domain member computers seems ok, in terms of I've tested 2 x Macs and two Windows laptops (1 x XP, 1 x 7) and both those are fine too. I'm wondering in our WSUS has installed something because group policy hasn't changed. Another thing I tried just this morning is Safari on my PC and so far it's fine so the hunt continues....

Comment

Obvious comment but if you can backtrack to the day this started to happen then you have a better chance of isolating the culprit. Can you compare the Updates on the non Domain members to the Domain members? That might help. Finally, 1 x Windows XP
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

They're reporting 2/3 weeks but I'm not convinced. Since I'm experiencing it too, I uninstalled all the KB updates (one will not remove) upto 1st May and still happening.....looks like I'll need some Sherlock mentality with this one. Don't worry, the XP was just to prove a point

Comment

Have you checked DNS? Why is setting different forwarders a last resort?
                Regards,
                Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Since Safari works fine so I suspect it's not DNS, just trying to get it working without changing any settings atm.

Comment

Can you ping the name?
                    Can you ping the IP?
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

What infrastructure do you have?

Comment

Working...
                      X