Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonicwall tz170

tEAM,

Please i want an registration code on the device sonicwall tz170 can you give me please because i buy sonicwall from ebay but i dont have the registration code.

Thanks,
    Tito

Re: Sonicwall tz170

Talk to whomever sold it to you. That's your only source.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I believe that the registration would have been carried out via a My SonicWall account. If the person you are buying it through can't give you access to that, they will need to remove the SonicWall from their account. This should allow you then to register with your own.

If you contact SonicWall support with the serial number, they may even be able to advsie you. Ask them whether reinstalling the firmware will allow you to re-attach it to another My SonicWall account.

Comment

This is what happens when you buy from eBay lol.

The serial number is tied to an account in mySonicWALL and the original owner of the appliance needs to remove the device from there account before you can re-register it.

Have you created a mySonicWALL account and tried to add the device as the owner may already have removed it from there system???

BTW for most things you will need an account so best registering with them here http://mysonicwall.com

Comment

yep, you may contact sonicwall for this and I'm sure they will offer an upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by rexsniper View Post
            That much i doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by rexsniper View Post
              They wont. The TZ170 is an old model and end of life. The original owner can transfer the license assuming they have one. If not you need to purchase one from Sonicwall to open up the features on the appliance and increase the number of concurrent connections. To my knowledge unregistered OS's Enhanced or Standard on that appliance only allow for 10 connections.

Comment

Moving this to Networking forum
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                X