Broadband and dial-up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadband and dial-up

A friend of mine is having trouble receiving any email for two different addresses. He cannot even access the web mail at the home pages of the two sites covering the addresses.

Could the problem be he insists on using Broadband for one address and snail dial-up for the other?

Re: Broadband and dial-up

Probably not if he cannot access the web mail pages
    What error does he get?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks. It transpires his is only failing to receive mail from me with my old fsnet address to his Dialup virgin.net address. So it looks like it is a case as I understand sometimes happens some servers like Virgin refuse to accept mail from Orange addresses because they are notorious for attracting massive multiple copies of spam. He is now receiving mail from me using a Yahoo address which is the only one I quote on sites. Who should I complain to perhaps Ofcom?

His cannot receive any mail on his broadband mail.adsl4less.com address run by HOTCHILLI, and when he tries to log into his web mail at their site it gets stuck after he enters his log in details with endless WAITS !

Comment

Clearly he has two separate issues, each of which needs to be taken up with the relevant site

1) Ask Virgin to unblock your fsnet address (alternatively, you could stop using it)

2) Ask Hotchilli to sort out their site so it performs better

I fail to see why Ofcom would want to get involved in any way
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks again. Unfortuneatly though I realize I could easily remove the fsnet from my Outlook Express, I have never succeeded in inserting my Yahoo address and being able to use it there using the Yahoo instuctions. As another I know had a similar problem inserting a Yahoo address, it maybe because Orange is blocking its use.

I will enquire of friends with fsnet and Virgin addresses to see if it is a common problem.

Comment

Working...
          X