how to enable wireless on safe mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to enable wireless on safe mode

how do i use wireless networking in safemode using my USB dongle device... PPOE,PPP,

is anyone here have a trick?

Re: how to enable wireless on safe mode

We have absolutely no idea what OS you're using. Shall we assume it's Windows 98?

Please, read and follow the forum rules. If you don't provide adequate information then all you will do is discourage people from helping you.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I AM SORRY...

OS would be newer like Win7, Vista, XP...

I just want to boot in safe mode with this OS's then using my dongle wireless USB prepaid kit... and uses internet....

booting on safe mode with wireless internet, because in safe mode I can able to remove the malware infections more...

Hoping for your help, sorry for my english~~!!!
      Last edited by rexsniper; 8th July 2010, 15:49.

Comment

Safe Mode With Networking, would be my guess?

Is the dongle a wireless networking dongle or a mobile broadband dongle?
        Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

i want to test it on a wireless networking dongle..

and i will use and test it also on a mobile broadband dongle.

Can you laydown those two options..,

Thanks in advance

Comment

in safe mode, even with safe+net, it's incredibly unlikely that a wireless USB dongle will work.

This is because the Windows OS will only load exactly the minimum drivers that are needed.

If the appropriate drivers are part of the safemode loading list, the networking will work. However, if you can't see the device in devmgr, then it's not going to work.
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Brain fart, but does USB work when XP is in Safe Mode?
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Yes -- USB data sticks work in safe mode

@Rexsniper -- why do you need to use safe mode and not boot normally?
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

usb will - mainly because newer generation computers don't usually have PS2 any more, so no usb means no keyboard and mouse

however, it's only mass-devices and user interface I think, and things like usb sound and network adaptors probably will not work.
                  Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

But there is a Safe Mode With Networking option, so USB network devices may indeed work. The OP will be able to let us know soon
                    Gareth Howells

Comment

Thanks for all your replies,

@Ossian, I need to boot on safe mode, because in safemode, you can do alot there of your troubleshooting.. removing malwares,viruses etc...

@Gforceindustries, Safemode with Networking, YES it works only by LAN connection not wireless.....

found out also, "Dial-Up Networking Does Not Work in Safe Mode With Networking"
                      Only network (LAN) connections are supported in "Safe Mode with Networking" mode for general troubleshooting.

If there are other options or tricks, I wanna know some idea how to....

Thanks again, I love this community...

Comment

Best practice with Malware is to boot into a NON networked mode and download AV tools to a CD-ROM. No possibility of reinfection then
                        Tom Jones
                        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                        IT Trainer / Consultant
                        Ossian Ltd
                        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yep - Safe Mode can be used to disable startup of the infection which may prevent removal/inspection tools from running. After the infection's startup has been disabled the remainder of the removal procedure is usually undertaken in normal boot mode.
                          A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Again I would like to know an idea, booting on safemode via wireless USB dongle, or mobile...

@Ossian, yah your correct that's the option removing viruses on non network, but you need internet access while your in remote right? supporting example mobile devices remotely with internet booting the device your isolating....

I am not into viruses removing (I have alot of options on that)... I am on seeking an idea of wireless USB (dongle).... or booting a mobile broadband dongle VIA SAFEMODE

Comment

If it's unsupported, it's unsupported. It's highly unlikely that you're going to be able to enable this.

Regarding your point of logging in remotely, you surely wouldn't be trying to do that to a system booted into safe mode with the intention of removing malware would you to remove malware, you'd have the system in front of you, not connected to any networks.
                              Gareth Howells

Comment

Working...
                              X