Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to Ping Desktop in LAN

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this message. i have about 35 desktops in my LAN. I have no problem pinging 34 units of them but one that i'd never success "Request time out." The subnet mask, gateway & dns are all same, could anyone of you advise what could be the cause and how to address this issue? Thanks in advance.
    Mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open!

Re: Unable to Ping Desktop in LAN

Does that computer have network access, and can it ping the server/other workstations?

If so, then it sounds like you hace the ICMP disabled.
    As I am lazy to type this out, heres a link :P http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9192401AAgJ4zk
    (Command line to Enable ICMP "netsh firewall set icmpsetting 8 enable")

Wofen
    Good to be back....

Comment

Furthermore, depending on whether the PC can connect to network resources, check the PCs firewall and use a LAN cable connected to a PC that you can ping with the PC you can't, should there be no access to network resources.

Comment

Firewall
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for the ICMP stuff, i can now ping to that desktop. They were all uncheck, so that could be the reason why i couldn't ping that machine.
          Mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open!

Comment

Working...
          X