No announcement yet.

Branch Office without secondary DC

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Branch Office without secondary DC

3 Warehouses with T1's and a ISP provided vpn between all 3 warehouses. I have one dc running SBS2008 at the main warehouse. At one of the warehouses, there are only 5 users so I don't plan on installing a secondary dc. My current method for authentication is I let the pc's get ip address automatically from the isp provided cisco router but I put in a static the ip address of the sbs2008 server across the street as the dns server. This seems to be working ok. Should I add the WINS feature to the sbs2008 server and point the client to that address? I am asking because I have mapped drives pushed out to the GPO and these 5 pc's arent getting them when they log in. I can see them from the SBS2008 server and offer remote assistance and they can manually map drives to the sbs2008 server no problem. What am I missing.
    Last edited by m80arm; 27th May 2010, 09:01.

Re: Branch Office without secondary DC

No spamming in these forums please
    Post reported for removing advertising link -- the next mention WILL get a ban
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **