Network Monitoring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network Monitoring

Looking a good network monitoring tool to monitor server and network up times.

I was looking at solarwinds but not sure what product i should use /get...

does any one one know any free or good paid programs

Re: Network Monitoring

Started using Orion NPM about 2 months ago and love it. Can do alot with it. Great for monitoring routers/switches/AP's etc.
    CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
    CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

MRTG for monitoring traffic

you could also try Nagios
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

i use a mixture on my infrastructure of Cisco works, HPSIM and WhatsUpGold all have there plus points.

It's what works you thou

Comment

Will Ip monitor monitor and alert me if my servers and routers go down?

I really don't want to spend the money for ORION ..is there a part or orion that does this with out having to buy the entire tool??

thanks

Comment

nagios will definitely monitor and alert you if routers or switches go down
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

There are different pieces of Orion that have tools. NPM is good for monitoring routers/switches etc. It can monitor servers via snmp but it cant monitor services/applications. They have another tool called Application Monitor or something that does that. I agree that Orion isnt cheap but its worth it in my opinion. Check out the solarwinds website. They do have some free tools that may help.
              CCNA, CCNA-Security, CCNP
              CCIE Security (In Progress)

Comment

Nagios is the best and cheapest (free) that you'll find. It will let you know a lot about your servers and devices. If something's down, it will let you know when it polls that device/server again either via sms (easiest) or email.

Comment

Working...
                X