Using anothers Email address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using anothers Email address

Can you send and receive email by storing your email account details on another PC such as with Outlook Express using a differnent phone line, with both Broadband and slow dialup?

I know you can do this at the servers site using webmail and Broadband, but will it also work with slow dialup?

Re: Using anothers Email address

Don't see why not -- commercial servers are not normally worried WHERE instructions come from, as long as the login is correct
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Using anothers Email address

Certainly should do, I've got my GMail account setup for IMAP on 2 PCs at home, via the GMail notifier in the office, and IMAP again on 2 different mobile phones. If it's a POP only account you might run into issues with mail being stripped off the server, but most clients (including Outlook Express) do allow you the option of leaving a copy on the server.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
      X