Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• constantly re-enable wireless connection

Hi All

I have a problem with my Dell laptop where I have to disable it and re-enable the wireless connection. It says connected but I can not get onto the web or network etc. I travel around the country alot and when a connect to any wireless network I have to disable it and re enable it for it to properly connect.

Once it enable it is fine all day, untill I shut down or reboot the laptop.

Any ideas why this could happens?

Its running on XP. Wireless is inbuilt into the dell latide laptop.

Thanks
    R

Re: constantly re-enable wireless connection

Hi

Do you need to disable and re-enable your wireless connection even if the last network you were connected to is the same network? For example, you are at home in the evening and connected to your wireless network. The following morning you try to connect to your wireless network again, do you have disable/re-enable?

If you don't then my guess is that the IP address you have from the last network you connected to is not compatible with the network you are trying to connect to. I hope this is making sense so far.

Before connecting to a new network you could try to RELEASE your previous IP address from the command line by issuing the command: 'ipconfig /release' (without the quotes) and then trying to connect to the wireless network.

Regards

Comment

Re: constantly re-enable wireless connection

Originally posted by twoip View Post
      Hi

Do you need to disable and re-enable your wireless connection even if the last network you were connected to is the same network? For example, you are at home in the evening and connected to your wireless network. The following morning you try to connect to your wireless network again, do you have disable/re-enable?

If you don't then my guess is that the IP address you have from the last network you connected to is not compatible with the network you are trying to connect to. I hope this is making sense so far.

Before connecting to a new network you could try to RELEASE your previous IP address from the command line by issuing the command: 'ipconfig /release' (without the quotes) and then trying to connect to the wireless network.

Regards

Hi sorry I have only just seen this.

It is on the same network at his home, but also when he is at work. once he is connected he is fine for the rest of the day but if he shut's down his laptop at the end of the day, then come the next morning, he has disable to reenable it!

Thanks
      Rakhee

Comment

Working...
      X