Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 network card on one computer

Hi,
    I have a 2 laptops that connected to a domain on a network card with the network cord. and both are connected with the WLAN to a second network (different subnet) for communicating with a printers and other accessories on the other subnet.

the problem that we are having once the network cord is connected their is no communication with the other subnet. once we unplug the network cable from the computer the communication start with the other subnet via the WLAN.

how can we setup the the computer will communicate with the printer via the WLAN and not VIA the regular network card that connected to the server.

I can't connect the server to the other subnet because it's wireless only and I don't have a wireless card on the server and not an empty slot for the WLAN card.

Thanks,
    Yoavna

Re: 2 network card on one computer

I have run both Ethernet and Wireless simultaneously but that was on a Domain the laptop was running Windows 7. With XP installed, Ethernet always over-rode Wireless.
    Alternatively, install an Ethernet Network Adaptor on the Wireless Server. If it doesn't have any free slots for a card, you can get USB Network Adaptors.

Some reading for you: http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...l=&oq=&gs_rfai=
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I need a solution to route the printing via network #2 and the rest of the traffic via network #1
      any ideas?!?!?!

Comment

Yes move your printers to the same wired network.

Why would you have this setup anyway??

Comment

When you rent an office and you use one multifuction printer you can't move it to you own network, and you can't use the same server.
          so we are in the situation of 2 networks 2 NIC with a different subnets but we must print.
          HELP!!!

Comment

So someone else owns the Multi Function Printer but you print to it?

Network laser printers are very cheap now. If your Server is in a central location then purchase a small laser printer and attached it to the Server and then SHARE it. Voila, your own "network" printer.

Better still, get a wireless printer and print to it wirelessly from the laptops.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Does any one has a solution for this problem or you have only great ideas how to go arround.
              We have full permission to use the printer and it's a multifunction one Ricoh 2022 that could scan to folders and print and send faxes from.
              So please if you don't have a solution please don't reply with an ideas.

Can someone help us?>?!?!

Comment

Mmm, just forget that I wasted my free time trying to help you with a solution that you obviously know how you want solved.

When I post a problem, I am more than happy to have different views to the issue pointed out by other who unlike myself are not hindered by being too close to the problem and as a result I cannot see the wood for the trees.

All the Members who help here and provide suggestions do so generously in their free time after they have finished their full time day job and I for one am unable to THANK them enough for their selfless participation. They are all an essential part of this incredible IT Community.
                Originally posted by yoavna
                So please if you don't have a solution please don't reply with an ideas.
                You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by yoavna View Post
                  I need a solution to route the printing via network #2 and the rest of the traffic via network #1
                  any ideas?!?!?!
                  Get a router connected to both subnets. Routers, as the name suggest, route. Client machines do not. Any device that has 2 default gateways on a TCP/IP network is going to either pick one and use it all the time, or throw a strop and do nothing, as it is very much recommended to never have 2 default gateways on the same device.
                  BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
                  sigpic
                  Cruachan's Blog

Comment

I found the solution:
                    type on cmd :
                    route add (destination) xxx.xxx.xxx.0 mask 255.255.255.0 (the gateway) xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx /p

that's how I solved the problem
                    Thanks for everyone for your help.

Comment

Working...
                    X