Multiple external IPs, need to move SSH server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple external IPs, need to move SSH server

Being a new admin, some concepts are note quite clear to me.

Our company has multiple ISP provided external IPs. One of those is used for accessing a SSH server which is on server1 and a web server which is located on server2.

I've been given the task of installing a brand new SSH server on server3, moving the content from server1 and naturally making sure people are able to connect to it.

Installing the SSH server and moving the content is not a problem, but what do I need to do so that users can use the same ssh.domain.com address and are pointed to the new server (server3).

I don't think this is just a matter of simply going to dnsmgmt and changing the internal IP from server1 to server3. A Juniper SSG-500 is used as a router, firewall, should I make changes there and how exactly or somewhere else?

Please be as verbose as possible

Re: Multiple external IPs, need to move SSH server

Internal - update your dns records

External - on the SSG under the outside interface update the MIP or VIP to change the NAT.

Comment

even easier...

change the IP of server1 to something else, and give server1's old IP to server 3

Comment

Thank you both, I (with some assistance from our network admin) went with the first solution, since other services were running on the box.

Comment

Working...
        X