accessing network via cisco VPN client Through ISA 2000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accessing network via cisco VPN client Through ISA 2000

Hi everybody: I'm having a weird issue. I connect with my cisco client to my ASA5510, I have an ISA2000(windows server 2000) between the ASA and my internal network. I authenticate via AD(no problem) but can not ping or access any internal resources. when I ping the servers my dns name resolves correctly to the ip address but I get no reply. ISA is blocking traffic coming back from inside to my VPN client.
    I check the routing table is it looks normal (route print).
    Does any of you have any idea how to troubleshoot this issue? I spent 2 days trying to ge this issue resolved because my VPN users can not connect.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: accessing network via cisco VPN client Through ISA 2000

Not really suitable for coffee lounge
    Moved to General Networking
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: accessing network via cisco VPN client Through ISA 2000

I'm curious as to why you'd want an ASA and ISA, and also why you would still have ISA 2000, but no matter.

Judging from your description ISA would be blocking traffic because it sees it as part of the external network with the ASA being the endpoint and outside of ISA's internal network. Normally when using ISA Server it would be used as the VPN endpoint and rules applied to the VPN Clients network to control what traffic flows.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
      X