No announcement yet.

Home Networking design help.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Networking design help.

i have decided to upgrade my house and was going to add some more connectivity to it along with some security.

i made this diagram - "my_house_setup.PNG"

from the diagram what would you suggest ? would this work ?

what sort of ip cameras would you recomend, they have to be wired and mics would be nice.

what sort of switches would you recomened ?

what server would it be, i know it would have to be gigabyte nic on the server, what storage would be best.

the budget is near unlimited.

Attached Files

Re: Home Networking design help.

Originally posted by ajw901 View Post
    the budget is near unlimited. Ajw901
    In such a case, just hire a network engineer.

I'm curious what your goal is... and if I see this, how huge your house is
      Technical Consultant

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

You are sure you want IP Cameras? You may replace them with analog cameras and a DVR box. In my opinion, IP Cameras are to expensive for image quality they offer.
        Switch can be a cheap one, maybe with some/all gigabit ports, without management (you can check the linksys offer for this area)
        Server - a server to do what? If you need a central storage point you may look for a NAS (Network Attached Storage).
        I think that you should said to us what are you primary goals in this upgrade