internet over wireless router

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internet over wireless router

I have ADSL modem and internet speed 1mbit. house next to two desktop computers and laptops have a computer that has a wireless card. is it possible to set up another wireless router adsl modem after that I got the internet via wireless?
    thanks

Re: internet over wireless router

Yes the wireless router and ADSL router/modem will need to be on different subnets, and have routes to each other, but it will work.

Comment

ADSL router / modem must be on the WAN port wireless router or not? how to set up the wireless router settings to laptops can access the Internet?

Comment

I'm not sure if I understand the question properly but...

If you already have a (non-wireless) ADSL modem in place connected to the internet, and you want to provide wireless internet access to other PC's or Laptops then all you need is a Wireless AP.

This can just plug directly into your wired network, pick up a DHCP address and broadcast a wireless signal.

Obvious security risks aside, this is the most straight forward way to do it.

If you wouldnt mind re-phrasing your question though, could probably give a better answer!

Comment

Working...
        X