Static route in Isa Server 2004 dosent work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Static route in Isa Server 2004 dosent work

I've got two subnets connected trough Server 2003 RRAS.
    Each of those conected to different Isa (2004) server with different internet access (2 different broadband connections).
    I'm trying to get the RRAS work as DHCP Relay.

The problem is this:
    The router has default gateway designated trough Isa2 (allowing clients on subnet1 to get faster Internet trough isa2).
    The DHCP however goes to Isa1.
    It's very problematic to define him ti go trough the router since his Internet connection will get trough Isa2 instead of Isa1.
    DISCOVERY can get to the DHCP server but when it try to send OFFER, the Isa1 server not routing the packet to the Router.

I've manually added Static Router (Persistent) in Isa1 directing packets to since subnet to forward to the router instead off to the Internet.
    When both of the subnets where in the "Internal" network (of the Isa server networks tab), the Isa server could successfully connect to the second subnet but no other computer could.
    When I split the network to 2 inner network, add a network rule to do Route between them, and added Access Rule for all outgoing protocols: either the Isa server nor any other computer can access the second subnet.
    In the monitor tub I get the following message:
    "A packet was dropped because its destination IP address is unreachable"

After couple of weeks of search trough the Internet, going back trough the learning material, many many tries and so on, I'm never defeat.
    I would very much like ideas, suggestion and so on.

Attached: Schema of the network (not up to scale of course )
    Attached Files

Re: Static route in Isa Server 2004 dosent work

Are the subnets all defined as networks in ISA Server with appropriate rules allowing traffic between them? If not then that's where I'd start rather than trying to create static routes - ISA sits on top of RRAS so if you define the networks it'll do the routing for you.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Hi Cruachan, thank you for the quick reply.
      I did my best to connect the subnets (to define to the Isa server where to route the packets to be exact).
      I've attached some screenshots.
      Even tough I'm using Isa server for a while (for training purposes), it's the first time I dive this deep into it and I feel like I'm drowning since no matter what I try, nothing seems to work.

ANY idea will be very much appreciated
      Attached Files

Comment

Network rules look OK, not sure about the routing table though. How are your NICs setup? You should only have a default gateway configured on one adapter (the external) and only have DNS configured on the internal. Check this link for more info, all sorts of weird things can happen in ISA if the NICs are incorrectly configured.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
        X