ADSL Router remote gateway to the internet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADSL Router remote gateway to the internet

When I work abroad I want access to the internet with a U.K based i.p. as some U.K. sites are blocked if you don't have a U.K. i.p.

I don't want to use any of those pay per month VPN servers or proxy services with a U.K. i.p.

I want to buy an ADSL router to be located at my U.K. house which we let me VPN to it from abroad and then go straight out to the internet again but with a U.K. i.p.

Anyone know of a fair priced ADSL router (wireless) capable of doing the above?

Thanks in advance.

Re: ADSL Router remote gateway to the internet

TP-Link. .
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

But which model?

From what I understand it needs to one with a VPN server built in the firmware not one of the cheap ones with just VPN pass-through. I want to be 100% sure it will do what I want it to do before buying one.

Comment

Why not just use RDP and do everything from your UK based PC-- that way only images would be transferred and you would be less at risk of breaking local law (as you might if your internet history was checked)
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by rpmex View Post
          But which model?
          Read the specs on each product and then select the one that fits your requirements.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X