No announcement yet.

Internal Wireless Acapter

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internal Wireless Acapter

Working with Windows Vista Ultimate. The machine has connected with PCMCIA cards reliably in the past. Purchased the manufacturer's recommended internal adapter which is installed and recognized in the device manager. The driver is digitally signed by Microsoft.

In the network and sharing panel a profile was created. The wireless router has a separate SSID that is open... no security settings. The settings are set to automatically connect. I can find no flaw in the configurations. Cannot connect is the message.

I have seen one support reply on the Microsoft site that suggests that some routers have issues between IP4/IP6. Before I pursue this route I would want to pursue the simplest solutions. Is there something in that can troubleshoot what in the configuration fails when trying to connect? This is a Linksys [Cisco] WRV 200 business class router with the most current firmware.

Seeking guidance on how to proceed in establishing the wireless connection though any tools within the O/S Much thanks in advance for any guidance.