Belkin Router is Blocking Communication within Network

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belkin Router is Blocking Communication within Network

Belkin Wireless router is blocking communication between devices within LAN. When I look at router's security logs it says:

Thu Oct 1 13:10:44 2009
    =>Found attack from 192.168.2.7.
    Source port is 138 and destination port is 138 which use the UDP protocol.

This is nuts, how is it blocking attacks from LAN? Now my network is completely unreliable as devices sometimes are and sometimes are not able to communicate.
    Anyone know of a workaround (and no, I can't return it ) ?

PS: This router is horrible - it's DHCP function is buggy. Doesn't assign IP to clients, if trying to reserve IP for a server it won't do it, etc etc.

Re: Belkin Router is Blocking Communication within Network

To put it simply: something's not right

In any case, I would suggest that the first steps you need to take are to restore the router to its factory settings and upgrade the firmware. Also check that it isn't overheating etc. If that doesn't help with its performance, then... well, it was time for an upgrade anyway.

Just my personal bias, but I'd probably avoid going for another Belkin...
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post

Just my personal bias, but I'd probably avoid going for another Belkin...
      Ha ha ha...no need so sugar coat it. I hate this router and would never buy another Belkin again.

It's brand new, 2 weeks old, but just put it into operation 3 days ago.

That was money well spent

Comment

What? You bought a paperweight with cool flashing LEDs

IIRC, we launched our Belkin router off the roof of the office with a trebuchet.

Best
        Clearout
        Ever.
        Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by HotDay2222 View Post
          Ha ha ha...no need so sugar coat it. I hate this router and would never buy another Belkin again.

It's brand new, 2 weeks old, but just put it into operation 3 days ago.

That was money well spent
          Dunno where you are, but surely you could return it as not fit for purpose if it's only 2 weeks old?

I'll also state that I will never again in my life buy a Belkin networking product. Does the pile of patch leads I've got count, there isn't much in them to go wrong.
          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
          sigpic
          Cruachan's Blog

Comment

I'll happily buy Belkin cables * - that's what they're good at. Unfortunately, they've taken that to mean that they must also be good at the things the cables plug in to...

* other than ethernet patch cables and reels of Cat 6, just because in my experience there are better manufacturers out there

I guess that basically means I'll get Belkin USB cables. And the occasional parallel cable - some of us have factories that revolve around dot matrix printers donchaknow.
            Gareth Howells

Comment

I agree. I've had to deal with several Belkin KVM's and they were big pieces of crap.

Comment

Working...
              X