Cannot recognize DNS without connect to VPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot recognize DNS without connect to VPN

Yesterday I joined a new brand notebook with XP Professional to the Active Directory. The notebook is updated with all XP and IE udpates and fixes and has the all the drivers updated too. As the notebbok is for sales people that travel a lot I setup a VPN.

When the people connect, outside the company, by VPN all works fine. The problem is when they disconect the VPN and try to use IE they get an error. The problem is the notebook doesn't recognize a DNS. I know that because I can ping a website by its IP but not by its web name.

I can connect the VPN because it is setup by its IP address, and after the VPN is working the IE uses the DNS of the Active Directory.

I reseted the winsock and the tcp/ip stack, renewed flushed with ipconfig, and reinstalled the drivers, but nothing has solved the problem.

Thank you for your help.

Re: Cannot recognize DNS without connect to VPN

Post an IPCONFIG /ALL with the VPN disconnected.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I found it, it was a Default DNS Group Policy in the AD, I set up a different policy for the notebooks.

Thank you.

David

Comment

Thanks for posting back with the solution to your problem. I hope you enter this immediately in your Network Documentation for future reference.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X