ID of web site host

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID of web site host

Can someone please explain how I can find the name of the company providing NOT the Domain name, but the web space for herc.uk.net and www.herc.uk.net

Thamks

Re: ID of web site host

You should know You seem to be the PR guy in there (Unless appointed recently of course)
    Otherwise a Whois search in the networksolutions website can return a whealth of info.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

I am not sure if I understand the question. Do you want to know the name of the site hosting the web pages of herc.uk.net?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

nslookup/ping will tell you the IP of the server, which you can then use to try to find out who owns the server.

Note: while a Telnet or SSH connection to the server may show some details at the login prompt, I do not advise attempting to connect to servers you are not entitled to connect to.

Whois will show you the DNS servers and domain registrar. Nslookup will show you the mail servers. So plenty of clues out there most of the time.

Bearing in mind that the above points are generalised - the first step towards answering the question is to ask yourself why you need to find out
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Thanks for your help guys you may be interested in the problem. I am indeed the PR guy for the UK club shown, and incidentally herc.uk.net today strangely appears to have passed into the hands of an Internet Information Service. hough for years has been logged in as the same as www.herc.uk.net As you can see from information shown below using http://whois.domaintools.com/ the site is solely controlled by a Mr Robert Gornall. But it was the treasurer of our club who paid for the renewal of the web space in March 2006. So by our logic he should have control of the site though we have never been provided with the details to access the site. I have sent two emails to http://www.freeparking.co.uk/ who are mentioned below without a reply, but I am wondering perhaps they are not the web site hosts.

Billing ID:H243032
          Billing Name:Robert Gornall
          Billing Organization:GHs Computers Ltd
          Billing Postal Code:TN38 9EE
          Billing Country:GB
          Billing Phone:+44.1424444466
          Billing FAX:+44.1424722235
          Billing Email:
          Sponsoring Registrar ID:I5482
          Sponsoring Registrar Organization:Fibranet Services Ltd
          Sponsoring Registrar Postal Code:IM99 1HP
          Sponsoring Registrar Country:GB
          Sponsoring Registrar Phone:+44 1624 693900
          Sponsoring Registrar FAX:+44 1624 693901
          Sponsoring Registrar Website:www.freeparking.co.uk
          Name Server:NS1.UKDNSSERVERS.CO.UK
          Name Server:NS2.UKDNSSERVERS.CO.UK

Comment

I think the best person to contact would be the Tech person on your Whois query results (From Fibranet services Ltd if I am not mistaken).

Ta
            Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
            X